Unique ways to use this widget
There are multiple ways you can use this widget. For example:
- Select the ‘instruction’ words from an essay question.
- Select the key sentences (topic sentence, supporting sentences) within a paragraph.
- “Where are the errors in this sentence?”
- “Which part of this reference is incorrect?”
- “Which one of these paragraphs would be the results section of the report?”
- Reference the text a learner selected on one screen later on in the lesson.
Have a play
Basic setup instructions
Note: This widget uses component “modes” to make it easier for you to set up (“Config” and “Student”, available from the Edit button), but be careful to switch the component mode from Config into Student before you deploy the lesson — otherwise your students will see the configuration settings instead of just the activity!
- This component can be found in the Author. Insert the widget from the Components tab and resize it to your liking.
- Click on Configure and select Options.
- You must change the Mode to Config mode to set up the widget.
- Type or paste the text you’d like to show for the activity into the text field.
- Once you’ve finished typing your text, click on each of the words or/and sentences in the paragraph that you want the student to correctly highlight. While highlighted, click on the Mark as correct button on the top bar.
- Have a look at the CAPI table desciption at the bottom of the article for more information on what you can do.
- Once you’re done highlighting the correct words/sentences of your paragraph, open the Options menu and change the Mode to Student.
- Click Save to finish
- The widget allows you to pre-highlight words or sentences.
- It also allows you to format text to make it looks like any documents.
- You can even add a table of contents making it easy for students to navigate through a lot of content.
- You can click and drag to select multiple words.
- Q: Are two adjacent words highlighted separatly/individually the same as highlighted together?. Two adjacent words highlighted separately are not the same as both words highlighted together.
Properties available for creating trap states or configuring your questions.
Advanced widget setup
Contact our team for help setting up the widget and trap states in your lessons.