Unique ways to use this simulation
There are multiple ways you can use this simulation to build learner knowledge. For example:
- Ask students identify which variable changes alter the evolution of a species.
- Ask students identify which variable changes don’t lead to an altered species.
- Ask students identify which variable changes would cause a population to go extinct.
- Ask students to identify which variable is most likely to cause the biggest alteration.
Basic setup instructions
- Copy the widget link by clicking on the Get Component button at the top of this page.
- In the Author Tool, add a Blank component from the Components tab and resize it to your liking.
- Paste the url that you’ve just copied into the Component’s source.
- With the component selected, Click on Configure and select Options to set it up. This widget is set entirely via the options menu.
- Among many other things, instructors can set the sim to decide:
- Whether the learners work with bird or moth populations.
- Which variables are visible for students to manipulate.
Contact our team for help setting up the simulation and trap states in your lessons.