Unique ways to use this widget
There are multiple ways you can set up and use this widget to assess learner knowledge. For example:
- This widget has three separate selection ways in which students can explore the table: Element, Period, Group.
- Element: Students click on the table and only select an individual element
- Period: Students click on the table and select an entire period
- Group: Students click on the table and select an entire group
- The table can also be set to allow multi-select, so students can select more than one of any of the above.
- Display detailed information about the element/group/period that has been selected.
- Ask students select the correct element to match a description or name a compound.
- Combined with other widgets, like the Expression Editor, ask students to balance a chemical equation.
Have a play
Basic setup instructions
- Copy the widget link by clicking on the Get Component button at the top of this page.
- In the Author Tool, add a Blank component from the Components tab and resize it to your liking.
- Paste the url that you’ve just copied into the Component’s source.
- With the component selected, click on Configure and select Options to set it up.
- Have a look at the CAPI table description at the bottom of the article for more information on what you can do.
Properties available for creating trap states or configuring your questions.
Advanced widget setup
Contact our team for help setting up the widget and trap states in your lessons.