Unique ways to use this simulation
There are multiple ways you can use this simulation. For example:
- Provide medical students an opportunity to learn how to use this critical medical device without danger to themselves or the machinery.
- Give an unlimited number of nurses and doctors additional practice using this important tool without having to manage time slots for using the real device.
- Train medical practitioners on how to use new versions of equipment when newer models come out.
Have a play
Basic setup instructions
- Copy the simulation link by clicking on the Get Component button at the top of this page.
- In the Author Tool, add a Blank component from the Components tab and resize it to your liking.
- Paste the url that you’ve just copied into the Component’s source.
- With the component selected, click on Configure and select Options to set it up.
- Have a look at the CAPI table description at the bottom of the article for more information on what you can do.
- Place the two defibrillation pads in the correct places on the human chest.
- Connect the defibrillator port with the test defibrillator and defibrillator pads.
- Adjust the dials and buttons on the defibrillation machine to turn it on/off, adjust the energy levels, charge the machine, and apply shock.
Contact our team for help setting up the simulation and associated trap states in your lessons.