- Get a nerve cell to “fire”, enabling the volleyball player to spike a shot. Within this context, students will see how all the cellular processes work together to activate the cell’s primary function.
- Explore the different parts of the cell, from the exterior cell membrane, to the inner compartment and organelles, all the way inside the nucleus where the DNA is stored.
- Operate the cell by performing ‘quests’ that enable the cell to break down food, generate energy, and build the proteins the cell needs to grow and function.
- Earn points as they figure out the step-by-step process for getting a nerve cell to fire.
- Fill in an interactive map of the cell, naming each organelle and identifying its main functions.
Basic setup instructions
If you’d like to add the base simulation into an existing lesson, click on “Get Component” and insert the link into an iFrame.
Click here to start the Into the Cell experience: https://aelp.smartsparrow.com/learn/open/sf7fdx9c
Q: Can I create other lessons using the same 3D cell model?
Yes! Smart Sparrow owns the 3D model for this animal cell, so if you’d like to create a lesson that focuses on different simulation interactions (e.g. spending more time on the surface of the nucleus) contact our team and we’ll help you modify the experience.
Q: Is there a Virtual Reality component for this experience?
Yes! We recently developed a VR experience for to the animal cell. If you’d like more information, reach out to our team.
Contact our team for help setting up the simulation in your lessons.