Unique ways to use this widget
There are multiple ways you can use this widget to assess learner knowledge. For example:
- Ask learners to label elements on a diagram, map or image. For example: to identify human anatomy, labelling geography or labelling engineering drawings.
- Record open-ended responses such as asking learners to arrange companies on a competitive matrix.
- Instructors can preset the location of the pins and use this widget to create a labelled image or diagram.
Have a play
Basic setup instructions
- This component can be found in the Author. Insert the widget from the Components tab and resize it to your liking.
- With the component selected, Click on Configure and select Options to set it up.
- You must change the Mode to Config mode to set up the widget.
- Upload a background image.
- Add pins and edit their labels and colours. You can pick the colour by writing a rgb value, hex code or even a common name of a colour e.g. purple.
- Define and label the drop areas which you will use later to target student responses.
- You can define rectangular, circular or freeform drop areas.
- Set the correct answer by clicking the ‘Set Correct Answer” button and dragging each pin to its correct drop area.
- Make sure to change the mode to “Student” when done.
- You can preset the location of the pins by switching over to ‘Student mode’ and placing the pins onto the canvas.
- The outlines of the drop areas can be made visible to the learner by turning on the CAPI property Show Outlines
- The Show Correct Answer CAPI property can be used to display all correct answers to students.
- The “Multiplacement mode” allows students to place the same pin multiple times.
Advanced widget setup
Contact our team for help setting up the widget and trap states in your lessons.