Unique ways to use this widget
There are multiple ways you can use this widget to assess learner knowledge. For example:
- Ask learners to label elements on a diagram, map or image. For example: to identify human anatomy, labelling geography or labelling engineering drawings.
- Record open-ended responses such as asking learners to arrange companies on a competitive matrix.
- Instructors can preset the location of the pins and use this widget to create a labelled image or diagram.
Have a play
Basic setup instructions
- This component can be found in the Author. Insert the widget from the Components tab and resize it to your liking.
- With the component selected, Click on Configure and select Options to set it up.
- You must change the Mode to Config mode to set up the widget.
- Upload a background image.
- Add pins and edit their labels and colours. You can pick the colour by writing a rgb value, hex code or even a common name of a colour e.g. purple.
- Define and label the drop areas which you will use later to target student responses.
- You can define rectangular, circular or freeform drop areas.
- Set the correct answer by clicking the ‘Set Correct Answer” button and dragging each pin to its correct drop area.
- Make sure to change the mode to “Student” when done.
- You can preset the location of the pins by switching over to ‘Student mode’ and placing the pins onto the canvas.
- The outlines of the drop areas can be made visible to the learner by turning on the CAPI property Show Outlines
- The Show Correct Answer CAPI property can be used to display all correct answers to students.
- The “Multiplacement mode” allows students to place the same pin multiple times.
Properties available for creating trap states or configuring your questions.
Advanced widget setup
Contact our team for help setting up the widget and trap states in your lessons.