How this simulation works
This simulation requires students to race to match DNA bases with their correct pairing, either in a test of speed or accuracy. The unmatched bases pass through the blue box, and students must click the correct match from the bottom. They are scored based on how many pairs they match correctly. The order of the DNA bases changes on every attempt, preventing students from memorizing to win.
Have a play
Basic setup instructions
- Copy the simulation link by clicking on the Get Component button at the top of this page.
- In the Author Tool, add a Blank component from the Components tab and resize it to your liking.
- Paste the url that you’ve just copied into the Component’s source.
- With the component selected, click on Configure and select Options to set it up.
- You can modify:
- How many bases are shown
- Whether or not mismatches are allowed
- Whether or not misses are allowed
- The speed of the scrolling
- In Speed Mode, bases pause when they enter the box and students must match it as quickly as possible.
- In Accuracy Mode, bases automatically pass through the box and students have to match it before it passes through completely.
Contact our team for help setting up the simulation and trap states in your lessons.