Unique ways to use this simulation
There are multiple ways you can use this simulation. For example:
- Ask students to determine which factors increase/decrease average global temperature.
- Ask students to determine which factors increase/decrease carbon levels.
- Ask students to determine how long it would take for Earth’s temperature to reach a certain level given specific factors.
Click here to play with the simulation: https://aelp.smartsparrow.com/reflector/sim/ispk-bio-climate-change/prod/1
Basic setup instructions
- Copy the widget link by clicking on the Get Component button at the top of this page.
- In the Author Tool, add a Blank component from the Components tab and resize it to your liking.
- Paste the url that you’ve just copied into the Component’s source.
- With the component selected, click on Configure and select Options to set it up.
How learners can interact with the simulation
- Number of years shown on the graph
- Geological factors: Volcanic Activity, Chemical Weathering
- Biological factors: Respiration, Photosynthesis
- Anthropogenic factors: Fossil Fuels, Deforestation, Reforestation
Contact our team for help setting up the simulation in your lessons.