Unique ways to use this widget
There are many ways you can use this widget to build learner knowledge on molecular bonds. For example:
- Display a molecule by entering the molecule name for the purpose of a learner interacting with the chosen molecule.
- Choose between a three 3D model Modes: Ball-and-Stick, Stick, or Callote.
- Give learners the freedom to search, display, and observe molecules.
- Learners can click and drag the molecule to see different views. They can also use the scrolling function to zoom in and out of the molecule.
Have a play
Basic setup instructions
- Copy the widget link by clicking on the Get Component button at the top of this page.
- In the Author Tool, add a Blank component from the Components tab and resize it to your liking.
- Paste the url that you’ve just copied into the Component’s source.
- With the component selected, click on Configure and select Options to set it up.
- Enter the molecule name in the input next to it. You can enter the generic name, chemical name or IUPAC name. For example Aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid, or 2-acetoxybenzoic acid will all present the same result.
- Have a look at the CAPI table description at the bottom of the article for more information on what you can do.
Advanced widget setup
Contact our team for help setting up the widget and states in your lessons.